Saturday, June 6, 2009

Been a year!


Yes ! its almost a year now, or err maybe it was just yesterday ! A year now I rode to Ladakh, The Trans - Himalayan Expedition 2008 ! All the 'memories' don't seem to be memories but a part of life, or maybe life itself ! Kicked off from Delhi on the 6th of July and back on 27th of July... I'm sure all of us had several lives lived together in those 21 days! The only thing I'd regret is not writing a blog about this ride, but maybe, I've another reason to ride again to the same destination - to write a blog! :)

This post wouldn't really help me picturize something which happened a year back.. I won't be doing any justice to the whole experience if I blog about it now.. So, I could just think of a few instances which I'd want to write about. From roads, to no roads and no roads at all! :) that was the theme of the ride to be followed! A few close calls which people have already spoken about .. A few mishaps which are bound to happen..From bikes conking off to bikes raping the roads.. seen it all..From Vikrant's cheers to Pupu's monkeying acts in the tent..the lovely night at nubra valley and the stranded night at Kargil.. ! The parathas from Chandigarh to the food at Golden temple.. DAMN! I so wish to go back!

I'd only hope that after a couple of years or maybe earlier, the same group, the same people, the same route.. would be fantastic and probably another few lives to be lived in those days! :)

Ps- Freaky, Anil, Pammi and Dawg missed out on these lives! :)

No comments: