Thursday, December 27, 2007

Comin back to life



This was one amazing experience for me and I should share it with you'll. To start off with, I was supposed to be riding to HumpY :d (hampi- place in karnataka) with my bike group guys on the 22nd of this month. My friends from bombay and a friend from the U.S who is in India now, planned for a trip to Goa at the same time. I had to make a choice between Hampi and Goa and I had a tough time doing that :( . I planned to call off the Hampi ride and decided to go ahead with Goa, but as expected things never happened my way and I canceled the trip to Hampi and decided to head to Goa, and again, the very next day I decided to cancel both the trips and decided to chill at home.

Me deciding to cancel both the trips was primarily 'cos I was going through some shit and to get outta that, I decided to spend the night at a friends place watching a movie and just generally talking. At bout 3 a.m, I thought I should go for the ride but it was already late as these guys were leaving at 4.30 a.m. I went to see em off at our start point at 4 a.m. Seeing all the engines roar and people excited about the ride, I couldn't do much but just curse myself for calling off the ride for myself. And then, I heard someone say that "Manish is leaving in the noon, you should join him and come along!" . I thought this is the only way I can go for the ride that is to leave with him, else i'd keep repenting all my life :| . After these guys left, I went back to my friends place, dropped him and got back home at about 7 a.m. I told mom to wake me up by 10 a.m and that I'm heading to Hampi at 12 p.m. I slept for about 2 hours and got up with whole excitement to ride down to this place. Though it wasn't my first ride, I was excited about it like I've never done something like that ever before. Met Manish at the start point (paradise) at 12 p.m , fuel and oil topped up, and finally, we left at about 12.30 p.m!

Both of us weren't too sure about the route to Shamshabad as there're multiple routes to that place! It took us a lil more than an hour to touch Mehdipatnam and get outta city! phew! Once I could see the highway, I felt that I'm looking forward to something real exciting. Our BULLET's were belting down hard on the flat wide road. Our first stop was at Mahbubnagar and that was after covering 100km in about 2 hours. Stopped at a bakery, had some cool drink and some other refreshments. Our pit-stop was only for 15-20 mins!! The road from Mahbubnagar to Raichur was awesome. I wish the roads in the cities could match up to those we rode on. 105 odd km of amazin road ! :) Our next stop, was yet another Bakery and the order/duration repated! :D From there, we set ourselves to ride to Gangavati which was about 130km from Raichur. This 130 km was a ride within itself... It was about dawn and could see the beauty of the nature in true sense. We took the route which would take us direct to Hampi and not Hospet (town 15km away from hampi). Just then, we got updated and we had to ride to Hospet as the others were already there and we would be spending the night there. One of the locals from the village, guided us to hospet with this 12km beautiful strech where in we rode through the farms on a very small road and the full moon adding to our pleasure of the ride. Once we crossed that patch, we hit the main high way again and started ripping as it was gettin dark. We reached Gangavati at about 8p.m and here was the third pitstop for 15mins again! We headed towards Hospet from there which was about 55km away from Gangavati. This was the worst ride of my life! I went over 1000's of speed breakers ! I'd ve never gone over so many speed breakers in my entire life! Karnataka Govt surely has its way with the speed breakers! Finally we reached the hotel called "priyadarshini" at 10 p.m, spoke to the other bikers, had some food and crashed on some drinks :D

Woke up to a hot morning on 23rd :( got ready and we left to hampi from hospet. I just loved the place and the architecture there. Amazing! We just rode to a few of the monuments/buildings/places at hampi as architecture doesnt really interest me. We got back to hospet at 4p.m checked out from the hotel, took out baggages and went across a river with our bikes along in a BOAT ! ! (boat - small round wooden thing. called "tokri" boat in hindi) . We reached this other side and rode about 5km to this place called "Virrapapuragaddi". Far from civilization with amazin scenic views and only nature to trip on. Stayed in this Guest house called "Bobby's Guest House" which was by the lake. Trust me this one amazing place and you should go there atleast a few times and not just once. I'm totally in awe of the place. The next two days 23rd and 24th, all we did was make merry and talk to the foreigners there. We were the only Indian tourists there and we were actually craving to see some Indians there other than the localites. In a day of 24hours, our smoke-drink-talk session occupied about 18 hours, and rest went to sleep of 5-6 hours :D

On 25th morning, we started back to hyderabad at about 6a.m and now it was about 15 of us together. Rode through a road of 10km of only hills and across Tungabhadra river seeing the sun-rise at its best possible beauty! The ride while coming back to hyderabad seemed smaller to me may be cos of the number of breaks and riders too. Reached kbr park at about 5 p.m and then back home n crashed to sleep.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome blog!

prashant said...

lolz adi......the 1st half sounds the same way we gys plan before meeting......and seems u r just rockin wit ur dag dag bullet........ride miles....ride safe and write bout it.....:)

iteen said...

nice!! while reading it, i could actually picture everything in my mind! wonderully written :)

Natasha said...

Good read! Didn't know that you are so creative! Keep writing! :)

Deepti reddy said...

Hi! :)

Swati said...

naaaicceee..!!!..especially the write up on ur hampi trip.... :)
researched so much on that for my job... now i got a 1st hand review also...
btw ... ur gokarna pic is going on my site this week.. with credit to u... :D
n i have placed it under a license also... so who ever uses it from now on.. has to credit u.. else u can sue them... hehehe